Now Hiring – Civil/Environmental Engineer
Are you a civil/environmental engineer with 2 or more years of experience working in the field of engineering and interested in furthering your career? Maybe you are already a Professional Engineer and want to continue growing and learning. Do you desire an opportunity to become a key team member of a young but rapidly growing firm? Are you willing to take on a wide range of projects, from utility construction inspection to fish pass culvert design? If so, join proHNS LLC in our Juneau, Alaska office.
This position will work on a variety of challenging civil/environmental design and construction administration projects with a special emphasis on municipal infrastructure development, environmental conservation, and rehabilitation. We typically get the opportunity to work on our projects from the beginning in the planning phase, through design, and then into construction. As a bonus, you will have the opportunity for occasional travel within Alaska to support projects constructed in remote areas. If you are seeking an engaging career and an opportunity to grow as a well-rounded engineer, please apply to join the proHNS Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Performs duties and responsibilities in accordance with proHNS policies & procedures.
· Coordinate with a team of engineers, inspectors, sub-consultants, and other representatives.
· Perform engineering calculations in support of civil engineering design projects.
· Perform civil site, utility, stormwater, transportation, and construction engineering.
· Perform environmental engineering and permitting.
· Perform CAD drafting in support of engineering projects.
· Design and analyze projects using AutoCAD Civil 3D, EPANET, HEC-RAS, and other programs.
· Conduct periodic site visits to construction sites to monitor the quality and progress of the work.
· Draft project correspondence, technical specifications, and engineering reports.
· Tabulate construction bid quantities from plans and specifications and develop construction cost estimates.
· Consistently exercise discretion and judgment in all work tasks.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or a similar field.
· Minimum 2 years of experience working in the field of engineering.
· Ability to work seamlessly in a teamwork setting with staff working from locations outside the position’s assigned office.
· Strong written and oral English skills necessary to communicate with clients, co-workers, and contractors.
· Valid U.S. driver's license and good driving record.
· Provide three professional or personal references.
Preferred Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications.
· Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D and other engineering software applications.
· Solid time management skills and ability to produce accurate, high-quality work in an efficient manner.
· Technical background in site development & utility design, fish passage & hydraulic design, water/wastewater facility design, transportation, or construction engineering/management.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals. Ability to effectively present information to clients, co-workers, and the public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· The typical work schedule is 40hrs/week, Monday-Friday. The employee is required to have the willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, overtime when needed, and attending after-hour events such as local government public meetings. Position work schedule shall be based on actual workloads and employee-preferred work schedules.
· Willingness and ability to perform site visits and construction inspections in a variety of outdoor settings and climate conditions.
· Ability to occasionally travel away from home for a few days to a few weeks at a time using commercial airlines, small airplanes, helicopters, or boats.
· While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Compensation and Benefits:
· Competitive hourly wage $40-$65/hour DOE, overtime premium rate eligible.
· Eligible for annual performance bonuses.
· Paid personal leave.
. Paid Holidays
· Employer-provided relocation stipend.
· Employer-paid training, certifications, and professional memberships.
· 401k Retirement program.
· Health Insurance
· Employer-paid lodging, per diem, and travel for work assignments outside of position location.
· Professional advancement opportunities are available within the organization.
Even if you feel you don’t meet all the qualifications and experience this job is seeking, we still encourage you to apply. We strongly advise you to research our firm and explore the proHNS website www.proHNS.com before submitting your application. In your cover letter, please demonstrate your knowledge of the firm and briefly explain why you think you would be a good fit at proHNS.
The position is open until filled. proHNS LLC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thanks for your interest. We look forward to receiving your application.
Your application was submitted successfully.