ACCOUNTING CLERK JOB DESCRIPTION
proHNS LLC is seeking an Accounting Clerk with an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy. This position can be expected to handle communications with vendors, clients, and internal departments, assist with preparing financial reports, issue checks, make deposits, and generally ensure that the office operations are running smoothly. You should be professional and courteous with strong computer skills and a thorough understanding of accounting and financial principles.
The selected candidate will work a flexible, part-time, or full-time position, Monday through Friday, out of our Juneau Office location. Successful candidates will have an opportunity for increased workload upon request.
- Providing front desk reception including performing basic office tasks, answering phones, responding to emails, processing mail, filing, purchasing office supplies, arranging employee travel and lodging, etc.
- Maintaining Accounts Payable/ Accounts Receivable including preparing checks, deposits, expense tracking, credit card reconciliation, budgets, and financial reports.
- Corresponding and coordinating company financials with proHNS’s third-party CPA firm.
- Responding appropriately to vendor, client, and internal requests.
- Abiding by all company procedures and accounting principles.
- Ensuring Accounting Department runs smoothly and efficiently.
- A High School diploma is required, and more education and experience are preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting procedures and principles.
- Ethical behavior when dealing with sensitive financial information.
- High level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Courteous, professional manner, strong customer service skills.
- Computer literacy and strong typing skills, experience with accounting software.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to comply with all company, local, state, and federal financial regulations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with arms, and sit.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Wage - DOE
- Eligible for annual performance bonuses.
- Employer-paid training, certifications, and professional memberships.
- 401(k) retirement plan with up to 4% Employer contribution.
- Professional advancement opportunities are available within the organization.
- Group Health insurance with Employer paying 100% of Employee Only Plan.
- Paid Holidays
- Personal leave
Thank you for your interest in proHNS. We look forward to receiving your application.